Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Form Radio Buttons

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
drguitarum2005
3951 Views, 11 Replies

iLogic Form Radio Buttons

I found a few posts showing how to set a form/parameter type to a radio button but for me, all I have is true/false or check box. Where is the radio button option when creating a form? How are groups of parameters set in the same radio button family so only one of the x number of choices can be selected?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
bretrick30
in reply to: drguitarum2005

If you have a parameter set as a multi-value list, you can change it to being radio buttons on an iLogic form.

Message 3 of 12
thedelee
in reply to: bretrick30

i have a situation where i do have a 2015 form linked to a multi value prarmeter and it's only offering text bow and slider, no rradio button.

Message 4 of 12
bretrick30
in reply to: thedelee

It sounds like your parameter is not set up as a multi-value list.  Parameters that are not set as a multi-value list you can only chose between a text box and a slider.  Multi-Value lists give you the option for Combo Box, List Box, or Radio Group

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 12

I had the same problem and figured out If you make your parameter a "Multi-Value List" AFTER you have it inserted on your form... delete it from your form then reinsert it. It should update. That's what I did and then it worked fine.

Message 6 of 12
tjvz85

Hi bretrick,

Is it possible to add a radio button group to the form without having a parameter set up in the model?

I have a simple yes/no in a global form, that I don't necessarily want to have the parameter in the model files the rule will be run from.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

TJ

Message 7 of 12
bretrick30
in reply to: tjvz85

Unfortunately the parameter/iProperty needs to exist in the open document otherwise it will appear as crossed out in the global form.

You may be better off creating an external form and having an iLogic rule display it. You can read about it in the link below.  

https://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2013/06/use-vbnet-dialog-in-ilogic.html

Message 8 of 12
tjvz85

Thanks for the feedback @bretrick30 . I have confirmed with some other forum participants that the parameters need to be in place, when using the iLogic. Will have a look at the blog to see how else we can approach the matter.

Regards

Theo

Message 9 of 12
akaluri
in reply to: tjvz85

Hello @tjvz85, did you find a way to add drop down to a global form without adding parameters? I am working on an application to populate the iproperties using global form with drop down. I want to use it on older files that do not have the parameters set up. It seems counter-intuitive to have a global form and not being able to add drop downs directly.

Message 10 of 12
akaluri
in reply to: akaluri

I actually found a way to create global forms with values independence of files you open. You can do it via VBA editor.

And add the values using code. An example for combo box is below.

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
     ComboBox1.AddItem "abc"
     ComboBox1.AddItem "1234"
     ComboBox1.AddItem "sdfr"
End Sub

Message 11 of 12
tjvz85

Nice, will test this.

We were not able to do the dropdown list/radio box without inserting the multivalue parameter into the fiel we want to fire our external rules from, via a global form.

We did write a short routine to "prep" the model, it just inserts the parameter we require.

Message 12 of 12
tjvz85

Hi @akaluri ,

Do you think there is a way to implement this radio button list without using the VBA editor? We have an external form in which wee would like to have this setup without having to place parameters inside the model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report