Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Event Trigger Not Working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
matt_jlt
403 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic Event Trigger Not Working

I have a skeleton model type assembly and parts etc (The parts are driven by a "Master" Part file which is derived into each file).

In the assembly, I want to have it trigger a rule when a Custom Property / iProperty Changes. The property is linked to a parameter in the derived part.

Example

Part Number: "=<DerivedParam_1>"

The rule does not trigger when this value changes. But if i change the text manually it will trigger. I assume it is because the actual formula doesn't change, but the value it references does. Is there any way around this? My only other option is to have it update on save and that isn't the solution I want as I means the user will have press save to see any changes.

Thanks, Matt.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
matt_jlt
in reply to: matt_jlt

Update on problem,

If i have any parameter in an assembly which is changed via an iLogic rule, the event trigger for run on "Any Model Parameter Change" will not run. It only runs if I manually change them.

This particular project i'm working on is Inventor 2012 Pro & Windows 7.

Any help would be great.

Regards, Matt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report