Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic errors on one machine only out of 10

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jletcher
440 Views, 4 Replies

ilogic errors on one machine only out of 10

My client has lots of ilogic parts that make the part and the drawing.

Issue is one computer out of ten has errors when he runs the ilogic parts. He had made almost 100 of the ilogic parts but yesterday he started running into ilogic errors but only on this one machine.

Why is that?

Here are the errors but remeber it only happens on this one machine. If you need to see code let me know I don't know why you would if they work on the other 9 computers and worked on this one until yesderday.

No updates were done on this computer or the others.

error 1.JPG

error 1m.JPG

error 2.JPG

error 2m.JPG

this don't mae sense to me..

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

To add to it now this machine says he has a part open when he does not have any part open..

See attached file

Message 3 of 5
jletcher

More information.

After shut down restart I can change projects BUT when I try to run another ilogic part it does the errors in 1st post then locks out the project file saying a part is open.

But there is no part open.

Message 4 of 5
jletcher

ok I have figured it out don't know how it happened but it is fixed now.

After trying to figure it out with ilogic and other things I restarted Inventor it let me change projects I went to an older project that he made 100 plus parts in and was able to make them. So I changed back to the other project and it failed again.

I shut inventor down and did a look at the project it was failing. Come to find out the Workspace some how changed to workgroup and removed the workspace path.

I do not know how it happen because he made ilogic parts in that project before and that was what made me look into other things..

So if any on runs into this check to make sure you have a workspace path if you code tells it to save in a workspace.

path = ThisDoc.WorkspacePath()

With no workspace it errored out.

Sorry to waste your time...

Message 5 of 5
jletcher

To add to this it was a pack and go project file .ipj

So if you do a pack and go I suggest re-making a .ipj not use the one pack and go makes because it makes a workgroup no workspace.

I was not told that..

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report