Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic error, RunRule: Cannot find a rule with the name:

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cparnell
3111 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic error, RunRule: Cannot find a rule with the name:

We had an engineer who created a iLocic rule which is no longer in use, however we have many files that keep trying to find this rule. We get the following error:

iLogic Event-Driven Rule

RunRule: Cannot find a rule with the name: "External Part Rule".

I don't know of a way to find the many files that are looking for this rule other than opening each and every file associated with the .iam file to see if it is looking for the "External Part Rule" iLogic file. 

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advanced for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: cparnell

You will definitely need to load each file in Inventor at some point in order to analyze the rules code.

The iLogic API allows you to retrieve each rule contained in a file and also to access the code of the rules as string, so you could write your own parser that detects if the rule in question is invoked by any other rule.

Another suggestion would be to recreate that missing rule with a different code, so each time it is invoked you can keep track of which file has called it.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Philippe

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
DeerSpotter
in reply to: cparnell

rule error.PNG

accidently found the solution, uncheck this. This should help a bunch of people that visit this thread. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 4 of 5
Coenvr
in reply to: DeerSpotter

I have the same error.

I've an assembly, this assembly contains some rules to edit the assembly. The parameters are driven by a embedded excelfile. After changing the parameters and updating the assembly, I want to make dxf-file of a little sheetmetal-parts. I've a rule that runs well for creating dxf-files of sheetmetal-parts. This rule runs in the sheetmetal-parts. 

I tried to trigger the rule by the eventtrigger change part geometry, it works but when updating the assembly the error appears. when clicking ok, the rule runs well. 

I delete the the eventtrigger, but the error remains, this is remarkeble

So I don't know what to do, I can't find what cause the error. 

Do someone know how to solve this error and how to trigger this rule in a good way. 

thank you for helping 

Message 5 of 5
Robbrand89
in reply to: Coenvr

i got the same error, had some files containing a reference to an external rule that triggerd upon saving the part. A while ago the map structure changed and the rule files where moved so i reloaded the rules in inventor but every time i use the a event trigger inventor gives an error it cant fint the rule, but when i run in manualy from the iLogic Browser it runs fine.

Anyone got a solution for this? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report