Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic-Drawing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MaheshwarMD
683 Views, 6 Replies

ilogic-Drawing

Hello,

I have one query, It may require some API customization.

Suppose I had created 3 drawings say "Large.idw", "medium.idw" and small.idw" reference to one assembly file.

I had created three variants using i-Logic say small, medium and large.iam.

Let say, in each drawings , I had created unique annotations, BOM, manual dimensions and automatic dimensions for each drawing.

I want to write a code in such a way that, whenever I call and edit Large, medium or small configuration, it has to launch "Large.idw", "medium.idw" and small.idw" with associated changes.

Finally, If I change the configuration to large, medium and small ,  unique annotations and manual dimensions  given to respective ".idw's" must be restricted to respective sheets and should not override.

Actually, is not how Inventor works. Even if you create multiple drawings (ex. large.idw, medium.idw and small.idw) for different states, they will still refer to the current state of model.

Is there anyway to do it?

Please help me in this regard.

Currently i am using  publishing PDF files because there is no link to the model.

Mahesh
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
theo.bot
in reply to: MaheshwarMD

It's normal behavoir For inventor. But if you want to control it. I would suggest use datamanagement, so you can refer to the revision state of a drawing not the latest version.
Or stay in Inventor and use the "defer update option" in the document setting of your drawing. If you open the drawing he will remain in his last saved state.
You can control this option thru the API.

Succes,

Theo
Message 3 of 7
MaheshwarMD
in reply to: theo.bot

Hello,

Thanks for your mail.

I appreciate your support on same.

How to control  the "defer update option" in the document setting of drawing thru the API.

If you have done this, may i please get the API code for the same.

Look forward for your reply.

--

Mahesh
Message 5 of 7
MaheshwarMD
in reply to: theo.bot

Hello,

Thanks a lot

--

Mahesh
Message 6 of 7
MaheshwarMD

Thanks a lot

Mahesh
Message 7 of 7
MaheshwarMD

Hello,

I would like to run a ilogic rule in any assembly environment so that it has to allow me to rename components in series say "A01, A02....or PJ12, PJ13 or in any series ". I had tried the code, please refer to the attachment, this code worked well, it had renamed all the components in assembly environment. But when I open the part file in a separate window, the component name is reverted back to original one before applying the iLogic code mentioned in the attachement. Please let me know how to fix this.

Regards,

Mahesh

Mahesh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report