Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic-content centre-iProperties

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JamieSENG
468 Views, 2 Replies

ilogic-content centre-iProperties

Recently I've been referring back to past boms to check what's changed ect and come across a problem I've partly been able to fix. The problems been that parts of the iProperties that transfers the info to the bom hasn't been filled and/or partly filled. To address this I've created a before saving rule that brings a pop up asking for the salient parts such as part number, description project to be filled of which I've saved for now as a practice template until it's perfected. My problem arises however when I place a part from the content centre. The doesn't seen to apply which I'm assuming is because parts from there don't use the sheet metal temp or the standard part temp. Does anyone have any clue on what I may add to the current code or what else I may do to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: JamieSENG

Hi Jamie,

Could you be a bit more specific concerning the issue?

Maybe providing the exact steps we could follow to reproduce the issue?

There was another question related to issues with setting iProperties for CC parts - not sure if your question is related:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/iLogic-Rule-Trouble-with-CC-Parts/m-p/4780165#M... 

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 3
JamieSENG
in reply to: adam.nagy

Just closing some of my open posts so this is a little delayed.

Id only just started out at the company I work when I ran into this issue and was somewhat unfamiliar with the content centre as it wasn't something I used at school. Anyway, the solution I used for this was to take a copy of the part and add an external rule that checked certain iprops had been filled before save. Then I just edited the family table to default iprops where made up of the information I required.

Been using a modified version for the last few years with success.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report