Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic check-out file from vault.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
777 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic check-out file from vault.

Hi,

I made a 'configurator' that contains a embedded spreadsheet. When you want to work with full functionally the spreadsheet needs to be checked-out. But many of the user forget this (causing some small isuess).

Is there a way to check-out the sheet by rule?

Is there a way to check if the spreadsheet is checked-out?

I don't care about checking it in, just that it is checked out on certain events.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrewiv
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm have a similar question.  I'm wondering if it is possible to look at files in an assembly and, if they have been modified out of turn, check them out from vault.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 3 of 4
ewiggers
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You say that your spreadsheet is embedded but i think it is linked. If its is embedded then you don't need to check out the spreadsheet because the spreadsheet is in the part file and not a seperate file that needs to be checkedout.

When adding a spreadsheet file to a part make sure you check the "Embed" option at the bottom of the dialog.

Regards,

Eelco

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ewiggers

Hi,

Yes correct. I was wrong in my statement, i linked the excel sheet. Because multiple files work with it.

So my question remains the same.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report