Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic button / system for allowing a user to add a parameter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bmerton
264 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic button / system for allowing a user to add a parameter

I am in the process of implementing Configurator 360. I am looking for a feature/ logic that would allow for my user to add additional parameters.

We make sheet metal enclosures. Our customers want to incorporate cut-outs (holes) on different surfaces of the enclosure. There is no way of predicting the number of these holes they require (it could be 1, it could be 200).

The holes are either round, square, oblong, rectangular.

It is easy to define and control a single hole or even multiple holes using iLogic. However, if you don't know the eventual number of holes they will require, then it would be better if there was some feature that allowed the user to add a parameter / feature based on iLogic rules from the interface.

I hope this is clear and thanks so much for any / all help in advance. This is my first post!
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LukeDavenport
in reply to: bmerton

Hi Bmerton.

Take a look at iFeatures for this. You can add them programmatically in the required positions on your part.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report