Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFeature X & Y Location

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rob.j.ross
318 Views, 1 Reply

iFeature X & Y Location

Is there any way to obtain the X and Y location of an iFeature that is placed on a center point?  I cannot find a way to relate the iFeature to the point or vice versa with VBA.  Holes are easy to relate but I am stuck on relating iFeatures.

My goal is to obtain the X and Y location of several iFeatures placed a piece of steel channel.

Dual Intel Xeon E5540 CPUs
16GB DDR3 Ram
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ekinsb
in reply to: rob.j.ross

iFeatures don't have an origin, so there isn't a simple x,y location.  When placing an iFeature the user interface makes it appear like there's an origin because you can position it with the mouse, but it's just using the center of the first sketch in the iFeature.  To do what you want, you'll need to fake an origin by placing an extra point in the sketch of the iFeature that you'll be able to identify it later.  Possibly it's the only hole center point in the sketch.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report