Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICODE CUSTOM VIEW LABEL

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dardine68
591 Views, 3 Replies

ICODE CUSTOM VIEW LABEL

I think I have a challanging ilogic problem for someone.

I am introducing and setting up Inventor to the company I just started working for. I am trying to adapt to their current drafting style. I am at a loss how to create a smart view label that will take infromation from a iproperties and custom iproperties of the model data of a selected view. Note that there may be many view in one drawing sheet.

Attached is am image of the data would I want extracted and inserted into this view label.

I am curious if this is doable.I am assuming it is from some of the post I have seen about ilogic symbols but I am not familir with writting such a code.

Thanks in advanced for any help with this. _DonaldVIEW LABEL-page-001.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: dardine68

Hi,

It looks to me you will need to create a Sketched Symbol with the geometries and texts. The texts are kind of "Document Property Text" which are connected with the document property. I'd suggest you take a look at the relevant topics in Inventor API help document (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Local Help\admapi_17_0.chm)

1. XML Tags for FormattedText

In which you can know the different types of texts, including the type Document Properties 

2. SketchedSymbolDefinition

In which there are samples on how to create Sketched Symbol.

Once you get familar with the topics, you could start to write some code of your own, i.e.

1) create a SketchedSymbolDefinition

2) draw the geometries in the sketch of the symbol such as arc, lines

3) add the texts of  Document Properties, each of which links to corresponding document property

4) insert the Sketched Symbol with the  SketchedSymbolDefinition

Message 3 of 4
dardine68
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

I am aware of how to create a sketch symbol and add document properties. The problem is that the document properties are not avaialbe for selection with specific view data. (i.e. I am placing many part and assemblies on one drawing so taking the model properties data only points to the first part/assembly inserted into the drawings). I need to access the meta data from the model data in a specific created view.

Message 4 of 4
matt_jlt
in reply to: dardine68

Have a look at this thread,

It should help you get started.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/Creating-Intelligent-sketched-symbols/...

You basically want to create a sketch symbol and link all the parameters you can. For the ones you can't, you will need to get the iProperties via the API (Use prompted entries in the sketch symbol for these properties).

It just means they won't automatically update when you change the model properties. You willll either have to re-create the symbol or write some come to update all symbols on save or something if that is an issue.

Regards, Matt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report