Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iBatchTools enhancement request

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
186 Views, 9 Replies

iBatchTools enhancement request

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Message 3 of 10

This thread was originally in IV8 group, but thought I should start replying to this group, more appropriate I suppose. Turning off prompts was easy enough I guess: ThisApplication.SilentOperation = True "Bob S." wrote in message news:400d786a$1_3@newsprd01... > Kent, > > Also trying to figure out how to turn of the prompting during the save > or close operations.
Message 4 of 10

Kent, I'm using SilentOperation = True in IV8 and it's not working during save DXF/DWG operation, I still have the message "Component Request Pending" or a "Unhandled Exception". All I want to do is to save my IDW as DXF or DWG in IV8. Can you imagine some reason or solution for that?

Thanks a lot!
Message 5 of 10

Hi Fernando Sorry, I don't know what would be causing that problem. Are you able to open the files manually and export to DXF without error? -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "fernando.paes" wrote in message news:7465418.1085080762882.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Kent, I'm using SilentOperation = True in IV8 and it's not working during save DXF/DWG operation, I still have the message "Component Request Pending" or a "Unhandled Exception". All I want to do is to save my IDW as DXF or DWG in IV8. Can you imagine some reason or solution for that? > > Thanks a lot!
Message 6 of 10

Hi!

Yes, when I open the files manually it works, sometimes I get the message "Component Request Pending" but when I click retry it goes ahead. I've just tried SaveAs instead of CommandManager and the "Unhandled Exception" didn't happen, but in this case I have the error prompts 😞 Maybe CommandManager has got any issue in IV8 ??? My code is:

Call oApp.CommandManager.PostPrivateEvent(kFileNameEvent, "C:\ABCD.dxf")
Call oApp.CommandManager.StartCommand(kFileSaveCopyAsCommand)

...that fails in IV8, and this one that "works" with error prompts in both IV7 and IV8:

oDrawDoc.SaveAs "C:\ABCD.dxf", True

I'm loosing my hair cause my company is migrating to IV8! 😮

FOP
Message 7 of 10

Sorry, I guess I am stumped, but I almost never have to export to DXF. I don't know where the Component Request Pending is coming from or what would be causing it, but if the file has issues then a program is going to either have to be robust enough to deal with them, or it is going to fail. The iBatch tool macros were really meant to just be starting points or examples for others to write programs. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "fernando.paes" wrote in message news:27745097.1085139264935.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi! > > Yes, when I open the files manually it works, sometimes I get the message "Component Request Pending" but when I click retry it goes ahead. I've just tried SaveAs instead of CommandManager and the "Unhandled Exception" didn't happen, but in this case I have the error prompts 😞 Maybe CommandManager has got any issue in IV8 ??? My code is: > > Call oApp.CommandManager.PostPrivateEvent(kFileNameEvent, "C:\ABCD.dxf") > Call oApp.CommandManager.StartCommand(kFileSaveCopyAsCommand) > > ..that fails in IV8, and this one that "works" with error prompts in both IV7 and IV8: > > oDrawDoc.SaveAs "C:\ABCD.dxf", True > > I'm loosing my hair cause my company is migrating to IV8! :o > > FOP
Message 8 of 10

Sorry did not see all your previous posts on this one, I may be way off track here. I had problems saving DXF but some cleared when I set the SDI variable to 1.

oApp.Application.Activedocument.setvariable "SDI",1

I was trying to get rid of prompts via

oApp.Application.Activedocument.setvariable "NOMUTT",true

and save as AutoCAD V12 DXF.

If I'm off track, best of luck anyway....
Message 9 of 10

Is that Inventor or Acad? I didn't find any reference to this method (SetVariable) in IV Programming Help, but thank you anyway. What is happening to me is an IV8 problem, now I'm quite sure.

regards,

FOP
Message 10 of 10

Sorry, you are right, this section of the program is handling ACAD data exclusively. I have a program handling both Inventor and ACAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report