Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i-logic (programatic) drawing views and part coordinate orientation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
craigzcool
332 Views, 1 Reply

i-logic (programatic) drawing views and part coordinate orientation

Hello, ive got  a problem, but first i'll explain what ive done so far and what im trying to achieve.

Ive made a program (vb.net) that automatically generates drawings from selected parts. To calculate the correct scaling, im using the rangebox maxpoint and minpoint to measure the x, y, z lengths of each part and from that, I can scale accordingly. The problem im encountering is when the user has changed the default front view of the part (by right-clicking the cube and choosing 'select current view as front') Because the part x,y,z coordinates do not update when a new front view is selected, my scaling algorithm calculates the scaling incorrectly because it is relating to the coordinates instead of based on the front view location.

Worst case solution: programatically press the 'reset front view' button by right-clicking the 3d cube in the part document - is there a bit of code for this?

medium solution: programitaccly figue out the realtionship between the current front view and the original x,y,z coordinates - how would I do this?

Best case solution: re-set the x,y,z part coordinates to equal the new front view each time a new front view is selected - not sure if this is possible?

Thanks in advance, Craig

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
craigzcool
in reply to: craigzcool

does anyone have any ideas? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report