Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a new Template?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sohmoh
363 Views, 2 Replies

How to make a new Template?

Hi all,

I got a .DWG drawing from a client, and tey want me to implement that template on Inventor for the furthere drawings for this new project.

Can any one help me and learn me how to make/create/ customize a newTaemplate in Inventor?

Thank you in advance

Sohaib

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LSA-skan
in reply to: sohmoh

Hi Sohaib

When you say "implement that template on Inventor" do you then mean, implementing functions in the template, settings, og do you mean the titleblock.

As i understand you you mean title block... makes most sense to me 🙂

Making a template is relatively easy, you just save your (in this case) IDW, in the Template folder. See Application Options --> File, or look in your project file, that can be set up to overrule it. 

If you start a new IDW you can choose to create a new title block, and then you should be able to copy - paste the titleblock from the DWG you got from a client.. you will propably need to adjust it to make it fit and so on...

Hope it helps you..

/LSA-Skan

Message 3 of 3
sohmoh
in reply to: LSA-skan

Hi Sir

That's help me, thank you.

But when I copied the .dwg I missed the <prompts>, so I had to to it all again.

Thank you again

Sohaib

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report