Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do add in for inventor 2011..

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
umesh.mhaskar
422 Views, 6 Replies

How to do add in for inventor 2011..

Can any one tell me how to do add-in for inventor 2011 ? .

when i do add-in for inventor 2014 it working fine..

but for inventor 2011 it not loaded properly i think there is some issue.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
YuhanZhang
in reply to: umesh.mhaskar

In Inventor 2011 you can also create an Inventor addin with the Inventor Addin Wizard. You can:

1. Install the SDK DeveloperTools.msi(C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\SDK\DeveloperTools.msi) first.

2. Then install the InventorWizards.msi(DeveloperTools\Tools\Wizards\InventorWizards.msi).

3. Now you can in your VS find the addin wizards to create an addin for Inventor 2011.

Hope this helps.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
umesh.mhaskar
in reply to: YuhanZhang

i have done this process but addin menu not loaded in inventor ribbon
panel. so what can i do please...?
Message 4 of 7
rjay75
Message 5 of 7
YuhanZhang

Can you describe more details about your steps? Did you register the addin? Can you see your addin in the Add-In Manager? If yes, is it loaded? Also please attach your addin source code if possible for us to check where the problem is.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
umesh.mhaskar
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Sir,Can u Please describe me step by step through sample code..?
Message 7 of 7
YuhanZhang

Firstly you need to follow the steps below(as I posted it already):

1. Install the SDK DeveloperTools.msi(C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\SDK\DeveloperTools.msi) first.

2. Then install the InventorWizards.msi(DeveloperTools\Tools\Wizards\InventorWizards.msi).

3. Now you can in your VS find the addin wizards to create an addin for Inventor 2011.

Then launch VS(please note the Inventor 2011 Wizards supports VS2003, 2005 and 2008, or read the DeveloperTools\Tools\Wizards\ReadMe.txt for more details, you should have the VS installed and launched once before install the InventorWizards.msi) , and now New Project, then you can see the Inventor Addin Wizard for VB,C# and C++, specify a language to create an addin, then add your own code in the project, like in the StandardAddInServer.vb below for VB:

9-1-2014 2-52-47 PM.png

Then compile it the project will automatically register the binary, or you can manually register the binary if you want to move the binary to anywhere else.

Hope this clears.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report