Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine if an open file is read-only?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cadfish1
1670 Views, 5 Replies

How to determine if an open file is read-only?

I'm developing a routine to change file propertites on open files.  The file property changes won't be saved if the file is read-only and the file is read-only if it exists in the Vault but is not checked out.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rene-J
in reply to: cadfish1

Try this
Dim File_Attr As String

In Vba/VB6 use
File_Attr = GetAttr("C:\temp\test.ipt")

VB.NET use
File_Attr = System.IO.File.GetAttributes("C:\temp\test.ipt")

If File_Attr = 1 Or File_Attr = 33 Then
Msgbox ("the file is Read only")
End If

René J
Message 3 of 6
cadfish1
in reply to: Rene-J

Thanks Rene, this is helpful.  I noticed though that the Document object has a IsModifiable property, what is this used for?

Message 4 of 6
cadfish1

Correction to your code.  File_Attr should be a number (not a String), I think all Enums are Longs.  Also, your IF test expression only works if read-only is the only attribute set or if read-only and archive are the only two attributes set.  My IF test expression below, returns if read-only is set, no matter what the other Attributes are set to.

Dim File_Attr As Long 

If File_Attr And 1 Then
    MsgBox("the file is Read only")
Else 
    MsgBox("the file is NOT Read only")
End If

Message 5 of 6
Rene-J
in reply to: cadfish1

Hi thanks

The no. 33 If I remember right, if  the inventor file is used in shared project  and set  to reservedforwrite and read-only

René J

Message 6 of 6
cadfish1

No, 33 is the combining of 1 (read-only) and 32 (archive) file Attribute Enums (long integer).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report