Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add part/Assembly from Vault Library in to any assembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gadurai
1733 Views, 2 Replies

How to add part/Assembly from Vault Library in to any assembly

Hi, I have a library file in the vault folder. I need use this library files to create new assembly file. How can i use inventor API similar to add occurrences to any assembly file.?. I am using Vault Project and saving the new assembly to the local folder. There is no need to downloa\Checout Vault Library file to local drive.Just i need to use the vault library files for assembly. Later If I add this project to vault along with the assembly i have created, It should always have the reference with the vault libary files. Kindly assist us to resolve this. Regards, GAD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: gadurai

Hi,

you need to use both Inventor and Vault API:

- use Vault API (either DocumentService.DownloadFile or IExplorerUtil.DownloadFile) to download file from Vault to local workspace. IExplorerUtil is preferred way because it handles couple of things for developer (i.e. finding our correct file location, resolving file references, setting attributes for local file).

- use Inventor API to place library part into assembly (various ComponentOccurrence.Add.. methods).

When new assembly is added to Vault later then the library part will be automatically recognized by Vault and used for references.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi,

I am using Inventor 2017 and Autodesk Vault Professional 2017.

I am trying to add an Inventor Assembly and its associated parts/assemblies to the Autodesk Vault.  I want to be able to have the assembly reference the part in the vault, so all of the parts are opened from the vault, rather than from their original location.

I can:

- Add an Inventor Part file to the Vault

- Download the Vault version (with file overwrite)

- Add an Inventor Assembly to the Vault (and add the parts as attachments, although that's not what I need!)

No matter what I do, I cannot:

- Update the Assembly to use the Part file's Vault version (I always get a "Not Implemented" exception!)

- Replace the Part File's Inventor.ComponentOccurrence with the Vault Part version, before OR after adding the Assembly to the Vault.

Is there any way to get this to work?  I am out of ideas, and the internet community (via Googling) is also pretty tapped out.

Thanks!

Larry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report