Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HoleFeature.AddParticipant()

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
290 Views, 2 Replies

HoleFeature.AddParticipant()

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has some experience using the AddParticipant method of the (assembly) HoleFeature object. After creating a hole feature in an Inventor *assembly*, the user can choose which occurrences in this assembly are affected by this feature. In the API, this is done through AddParticipant. This method requires the hole feature object to be part of an assembly component definition, and the provided occurrence to be a leaf occurrence. Let's say I have somes files: one main assembly, called Top-level assembly.iam. This assembly contains a hole feature and a sub-assembly, called Sub-assembly.iam. This sub-assembly is composed of Component<1 through 4>.ipt. All files are dependent on Skeleton.ipt for their respective parameters. 

The problem I'm running into is the apparent inability to add participants to the top-level assembly hole feature, which are occurrences contained in a sub-assembly, via a rule ran from Skeleton.ipt. In other words, I cannot add the occurrences of Component<1 through 4>.ipt to the hole feature in Top-level assembly.iam, when the method is called from a document that is not Top-level assembly.iam. I check whether or not the occurrences are leaf occurrences through ComponentOccurrence.SubOccurrences.Count=0. 

Does anyone see a fundemental problem with what I'm trying to accomplish here?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Could you provide very simple and non-confidential sample files for what you are doing?

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: adam.nagy

Hi Adam,

Let me see if I can cook something up in the next few days. Will report back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report