Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitchy SetCursor User Interaction

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
matt_jlt
330 Views, 2 Replies

Glitchy SetCursor User Interaction

I have an issue with the SetCursor in Inventor 2014. I have an addin that uses an external custom cursor file during the user interaction. I am using the simle selection class from the examples and just added the SetCursor.

If you move the mouse around fast enough you can actually see the cursor blink and temporarily show the default user interaction cursor (arrow with a cross) then flick back to the speficied custom cursor. Also, Inventor seems to be doing some kind of work in the background which also causes the same flickering. The cursor file is an actual .cur file, not a bitmap.

Does anyone else have this problem / have a solution?

I'm using Windows 7 \ Inventor 2014 All Updates \ VB.Net

Thanks, Matt.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: matt_jlt

Hi,

I can reproduce this issue. The behavior is same in 2013. In addition,  if you move the mouse to browser pane, it becomes to arrow  + cross completely. I did not find a workaround,sorry.

I logged the issue as #1503991 Glitchy SetCursor User Interaction

Message 3 of 3
tneff2
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi,

Has there been anything on this? I'm seeing the same thing with the cursor flickering back to the default select "+" when the cursor moves. I'm using the custom command as a foundation for running my add-in.

Within the code for custom command, there are StartInteraction(), EnableInteraction(), StopInteraction(), and DisableInteraction().

The flickering starts when DisableInteraction() is fired (and the cursor is set to the standard pointer) until StopInteraction() is fired.

I want to be able to keep a selection filter active while my command/interaction is running. Can I fire m_selectionevents.stop and still keep the filter? Or does that defeat the purpose of having selection events?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report