Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Pattern Display Bend Numbers

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
andrewwhiteinc
1433 Views, 5 Replies

Flat Pattern Display Bend Numbers

Hello All

I've been looking around quite a bit for this one but i can't seem to figure it out.

We have a large collection (approximately 4000 parts) that need to be updated to a new drawing stardard. I am trying to write a program that will select a flat pattern and display the bend numbers on it as if you were to manually go to: Annotate > Table > General > Click on the flat pattern view > Specify Table Data Source as "Sheet Metal Bend Data" > Ok

Right now I can identify the flat pattern and also add the bend table to the drawing, but I can't figure out how to show the BEND IDs on the flat pattern as shown below.

Screen Shot 09-23-14 at 01.44 PM 001.PNG

P. Andrew White, P.Eng
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Silent-Aire Manufacturing
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
YuhanZhang
in reply to: andrewwhiteinc

This looks like a question about UI operation:). You can show the Bend Order(ID) in a flat pattern thru Flat Pattern->Manage->Bend Order Annotation, and click on bend order annotation you can override its value. Hope this helps.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
andrewwhiteinc
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Hey Rocky,

Not exactly, i need the program to be fully automated with no user interaction required as there are literally thousands of drawings and templates to be updated.

P. Andrew White, P.Eng
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Silent-Aire Manufacturing
Message 4 of 6
YuhanZhang
in reply to: andrewwhiteinc

Opps, I did not catch you I think. Is that what you want is to display the Bend ID tags onto the bend lines in the drawing view of a flat pattern? In UI if you create a bend table with specifying a flat pattern drawing view as input the Bend ID tags will be added to the drawing view automatically, but currently API CustomTables.AddBendTable does not accept a DrawingView as argument but full filename of a sheet metail, to support this we need to enhance the API to implement this function. I had logged a wishlist 1393344 for this requirement, you can provide this number to get its status.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
kahn.cad
in reply to: YuhanZhang

@YuhanZhang Any news on this issue, log No.1393344? It seems that until now this feature still pending. In 2020, the user still cannot customize the Bend Table via API.

Message 6 of 6
YuhanZhang
in reply to: kahn.cad

This is still not implemented yet, and as we are now using  different defect tracking system, I logged this as INVGEN-44889,  you can provide this new number to query its status. Can you please provide more info how important this function to you? If you have more info about the business value to provide we can evaluate it for future build.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report