Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Overlay Graphics

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
NemKumar
333 Views, 2 Replies

Fixed Overlay Graphics

Hi,

I want to add overlay buttons in Inventor. These buttons should be selectable and relative poision of button should always be fixed. Means no rotation , no scaling for buttons, just like Navigation cube. I have tried overlay graphics and anchor graphics, but it did not meet the requirement.

Any idea how can I achive this behavior ?

Thanks,

Pranit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
NemKumar
in reply to: NemKumar

Hi,

Finally I was able to create Fixed overlay graphics with anchored graphics 🙂

Now I want to add image texture to this overlay graphics. Currently I am using RenderStyle to create texture. I using following code for texture generation

oNode.RenderStyle = oDoc.ActiveRenderStyle;

oNode.RenderStyle.TextureFilename = @"C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Textures\surfaces\Screen_5&_cutout.bmp";

where, oNode is GraphicsNode.

However this texture is not applied to overlay graphics. The color of graphics is chaging but not accourding to image I am providing.

Anyone has any idea what I am missing ?

Message 3 of 3
wayne.brill
in reply to: NemKumar

Hi,

I am not finding a way to get texture for client graphics. I asked a colleague in engineering about this. Here is their reply:

>> >>

I don’t think any client graphics will support textures, not just overlay graphics.  If I remember correctly, if you apply a render style that has a texture, the texture is ignored and you just get color.

<< <<

Maybe PointGraphics can help. I see this type of client graphic can use an image.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report