Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Excluded component patterns in an assembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danmorick
697 Views, 2 Replies

Find Excluded component patterns in an assembly

I have an iassembly with some lengthy and unique ilogic to control what parts are included / excluded based on user inputs in a form.  To begin, the program includes all components, and then excludes the ones that aren't needed.  This is basically, briefly what the first part of that looks like:

For Each oCompOcc In oCompDef.Occurrences
i=i+1
'Include all currently excluded components
If oCompOcc.Excluded=True Then
oAssObj
=oCompDef.Occurrences.Item(i)
oDoc.SelectSet.Select(oAssObj)
ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("ExcludeCtxCmd").Execute()InventorVb.DocumentUpdate()
Else
End If
Next
InventorVb.DocumentUpdate()

So this works just fine, mostly.  I run into an issue with the component occurrences that are within patterns (I have 2 patterns - 1 circular and 1 rectangular).  This code will "Include" all occurrences inside an "Excluded" pattern, but the pattern itself remains "Excluded".  In other words, in the browser, the pattern name appears greyed out and crossed out, but all the elements and the components within them appear "alive", so to speak.  But the BOM indicates a Qty. of ZERO for these components since the pattern that.

I can toggle include / exclude of patterns using the same method:

oDoc.SelectSet.Select(oPattern)
ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("ExcludeCtxCmd").Execute()

But it seems I can't identify which patterns are excluded to start with, like:

If oPattern.Excluded=True Then...

I get an error when I try this.  Is there a way around it?  Am I missing something?  How can I find and select excluded component patterns in order to toggle them to "Include"?

Ideas?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: danmorick

Hi,

I do not either find Exclude property for pattern. But I did not make a similar test file as yours. Could you share a copy? Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
danmorick
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Okay, here's what I ended up doing.  My coding may not be the best but it is working.  The goal is to get all the components to an Included state in order to selectively exclude them.  It is specific to my situation and works only because I know what components are patterned and I can find them by name.  These components only exist in patterns in my assembly; not stand-alone.

I iterated through all the occurrences (which includes those consumed by patterns, but not the patterns themselves) and if any one is excluded, I include it.  I have an "if...then..." statement that follows which sets variables if the occurrence is of a certain name, meaning if it is one of those in a pattern.  Then I toggle Include/Exclude twice for the patterns, so that if they were included to begin with, they still are, and if they were excluded, they still are.  What this does, though, is make sure that if any of the individuals in the pattern is excluded but the pattern itself is included, the pattern and its components are made to be in the same excluded state.  Further down, I look to those variable names I mentioned and if they are a certain value (meaning that a pattern has excluded components inside it), I toggle them to "Include".  End result: all components and patterns are included.

Dim app As Inventor.Application = ThisApplication

Dim oDoc As Inventor.AssemblyDocument = app.ActiveDocument

Dim oCompDef As Inventor.ComponentDefinition = oDoc.ComponentDefinition

Dim oCompOcc As Inventor.ComponentOccurrence

Dim oAssObj As ComponentOccurrence

Dim oPattern As OccurrencePattern

Dim oPatterns As OccurrencePatterns = oCompDef.OccurrencePatterns

Dim oElement As OccurrencePatternElement

Dim oElements As OccurrencePatternElements

Dim pattexc1 as Double = 0

Dim pattexc2 as Double = 0

oDoc.SelectSet.Clear

Dim i As Integer = 0

For Each oCompOcc In oCompDef.Occurrences

i=i+1

'Include all currently excluded components

If oCompOcc.Excluded = True Then

If oCompOcc.Name Like "CAPSCREW HH 3/8*" Or oCompOcc.Name Like "WASHER LOCK 3/8*" Then

pattexc1 = 38

ElseIf oCompOcc.Name Like "CAPSCREW HH 1/2*" Or oCompOcc.Name Like "WASHER LOCK 1/2*" Then

pattexc2 = 12

Else

oAssObj = oCompDef.Occurrences.Item(i)

oDoc.SelectSet.Select(oAssObj)

ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.?Item("ExcludeCtxCmd").Execute()

End If

End If

Next

oDoc.SelectSet.Clear

oPattern = oDoc.ComponentDefinition.OccurrencePatterns.Item("3/8 bolts & locks")

oPattern = oDoc.ComponentDefinition.OccurrencePatterns.Item("1/2 bolts & locks")

ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.?Item("ExcludeCtxCmd").Execute()

If pattexc1 = 38 Then

oPattern = oDoc.ComponentDefinition.OccurrencePatterns.Item("3/8 bolts & locks")

ElseIf pattexc2 = 12 Then

oPattern = oDoc.ComponentDefinition.OccurrencePatterns.Item("1/2 bolts & locks")

End If

oDoc.SelectSet.Clear

'Now all are included

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report