Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA in inventor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sagarsamidha8
1102 Views, 8 Replies

FEA in inventor

1."FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS " TRIGGERING IS NOT ACCESSIBLE FROM EDIT RULE BROWSER IN THE  ILOGIC RULE BOX  SO AUTOMATING  OR TRIGGERING FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS IS NOT POSSIBLE AND SECONDLY ITS ACCESSIBILITY  IS   ALSO NOT SHOWN   IN   THE LEFT SIDE UNDER THE TAB "SNIPPETS"

2.AUTOMATIC UPDATION  OF PARAMETER WHICH IS LINKED TO EMBEDDED EXCEL SHEET IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT IS  "UNTIL AND UNLESS UPDATE COMMAND OR UPDATE BUTTON IS NOT PRESSED INSIDE THE INVENTOR , IT IS NOT UPDATED " SO PARAMETER UPDATION SIMULTANEOUSLY IS NOT POSSIBLE

4.PARAMETER ACCESS FROM OUTSIDE  THE INVENTOR IS POSSIBLE BUT ONLY IN  DESCRETE LEVELS ,  HOW TO PERFORM RANDOM CHANGE IN PARAMETER IS NOT FOUND  

3. FEA_APPLICATION_COMMON.DLL IS SHOWN PROTECTED AS SOON AS IT IS INCLUDED IN  ILOGIC RULE AND ATTEMPTED TO OPEN THROUGH ILOGIC RULE BOX  .                                                                                                                                                                                            IT IS ALSO NOT FOUND , WHEN INVENTOR.INTERLOP.DLL IS REFERENCED WITH VISUAL STUDIO  SO THAT  IT CAN BE ACCESSIBLE AND USE FOR AUTOMATIC TRIGGERING OF FEA

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jdkriek
in reply to: sagarsamidha8

You want to access FEA through iLogic?

Dim oCtrlDef As ControlDefinition

' open FEA enviroment
oCtrlDef = ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("FEA Environment Internal Name")
oCtrlDef.Execute

' run the simulation 
oCtrlDef = ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("FeaSimulateCmd")
oCtrlDef.Execute
Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
adam.nagy

Hi,

And if you want to update the model after the excel sheet driving the parameters has changed, you can just call Update.

In case of iLogic it could be: 

ThisDoc.Document.Update()

I'm not sure what the real question in item 3 and 4 is. Could you please clarify a bit?

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 4 of 9
jdkriek
in reply to: adam.nagy

I'm with adam.nagy, I didn't fully understand (or find) the question in 3-4

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 5 of 9

hello sir , i am sagar and am working on developing optimisation toolbox in inventor , now what i want to do is to pass a value of parameter from , design space to the model and trigeer FEA in it and again see the value of von miss stress , displacement , mass , and decide whether  value obtain from the FEA satisfies our design criterion , if not i again want to run the loop  till i reach the terminsation criteria , now how should i pass a parameter value from supose matlab , to my model in inventor and perform FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS on it and run the loop again  again till i reach  optimised value or my termination criteria 

Message 6 of 9
sagarsamidha8
in reply to: jdkriek

i cant randomly change the value of parameter i specifeid in inventor from outside of excel or pass to inventor ,  ,  now suppose i am to pass the value from outside of the inventor simultaneously  i want to perform analysis on it for that particular value  of parameter  and come back and check my termination criteria if  it satisfies , then i can consider that particular value of parameter as a optimised value , else i have to run the loop again and check the termination condition ,

hope you understood

thanks

sagar dolas 

Message 7 of 9
sagarsamidha8
in reply to: jdkriek

sir  tried your code in inventor , and  what that code does is opens the fea module , what i want to do is setup the simulation for one time  and whenever i call it , it should the  perform FEA on the model , is this possible because i dont want to manually set up the FEA settings , as i mentioned in the post , i want to run the loop , and in which every time value of parameter changes , FEA is performed on it and i get the results , it this possible in INVENTOR api  because i have been working on it since last 2 months abd i cannot find a automated FEA in inventor for example we can do that in ABAQUS  run a loop and perform JOB on the model in every loop and append the results in a file 

Message 8 of 9
adam.nagy

Hi,

Unfortunately, the FEA part has no API yet, so there is no supported way of setting up the parameters, etc.

Sorry for the bad news. 😞

Cheers,

Adam

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 9 of 9
SAM0

I wrote the code, which should automatically calculate the optimum dimensions of the parts assembly by the minimum weight of the assembly. Limitations are material parts and their safety factors of yield strength. In the assembly total there are 27 parts and assemblies, so I need to perform 28 simulations. The program code is written using iLogic. Stress analysis is performed in Inventor Professional 2013. The code works, but for full automation I need click in iLogic: 1. Environment. 2. Stress Analysis. 3. Result -> Create the result parameters. 4. Simulation -> Run. In the theme «FEA in inventor» I found solutions on it.1 and it. 2. But can not perform it. 3, and after oCtrDef = ThisApplication.CommandMeneger.ControlDefinitions.​Item ("FeaSimulateCmd") oCtrDef.Execut I can not click "Run." Please give me the code for these commands.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report