Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting a picture from a form

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mikew
259 Views, 4 Replies

Extracting a picture from a form

Does anyone know how to pull a picture out of a form? We're converting modules made a long time ago into .Net, and we don't have copies of the pictures that went in the picture boxes. They're all reference drawings that we would really like back. I'd like to retrieve the originals, but I'll settle for print screens if I have to.

Thanks,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
adam.nagy
in reply to: mikew

Hi Mike,

I don't have VB6 anymore, but I think the PictureBox control has the same properties as its equivalent, the Image control in VBA.

There you can do this to save the image to bmp using the built-in function of VB:

<code>

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Call SavePicture(Image1.Picture, "C:\temp\mybitmap.bmp")

End Sub

</code>

This DevCast might also be of interest to you, thought it's about AutoCAD VBA projects:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2009/04/devtv-autocad-vba-to-net-migr... 

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 5
mikew
in reply to: adam.nagy

I just realized I forgot to mention this is an iLogic form. I think the link has been broken on a lot of these images.

Mike

Message 4 of 5
adam.nagy
in reply to: mikew

Hi Mike,

Is it a Global Form? In that case it would be quite easy to get the pictures from the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Design Data\iLogic\UI\Form1.xml" (or whatever it's named exactly)

If it's a local form then I have to ask around.

As mentioned here it might be somewhere in the UiBuilder.dll: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/ilogic-form-injector/td-p/3550486  

Cheers, 

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 5 of 5
mikew
in reply to: adam.nagy

They are local forms, but I started looking at the file paths that can be found by clicking on the image in form edit mode. Then I clicked "Image" in the lower window, and then another click in the same row, but one column to the right. That brought up the browse button on the right which lead me to the original location of the files. After some digging I found all of the locations where the images had been stashed. I know this doesn't answer my original question, but it did the job. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to hunt this down any further. Thanks for all the help, though!

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report