Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract .ipt file name from excel

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
EduardvanLeersum
460 Views, 0 Replies

Extract .ipt file name from excel

Hi,

I am using Inventor 2015 to create conveyor belts. These conveyors are constructed with different parameters. These can be set in a linked Excel file. When I for example change the length, width, height, angle to floor etc. in Excel, the conveyor will change into the right dimensions. It is one part, so one .ipt.

Now I make an assembly to add parts like sensors. Also shelves must be placed below the upper part of the belt. This is to avoid bending the belt as cause of heavy products. These shelves have a standard size of 1300 mm. When I have a conveyor of 5000 mm, I need 3 standard shelves of 1300 mm and one of 890 mm. The changes are rightly made with excel formulas.

The thing I was wondering about is the following: Is it possibly to extract the .ipt file name from Excel? I would like to let the partlist show something like this: 3x Shelve 1300x500 1x shelve 890x500

Looking forward to your replies,

Eduard van Leersum

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report