Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Surface Finish Data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
351 Views, 3 Replies

Export Surface Finish Data

Hi All

I'm looking for a solution to export surface finishes into Excel. We built an assembly and parts and their faces has different colors. Is that possible to read colored faces, merged them by color, read the total surface area and then export into Excel. That is for estimating purposes. I read the thread "Extracting Surface Finish Data" but I didn't find the piece of code that I need.

I appreciate your help

Eric

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Eric,

If your faces have an overriden render style, then you can retrieve it using "Face.GetRenderStyle", then "Face.Evaluator.Area" gives you the area of each face. You cannot merge directly faces into a single one.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Philippe,

Do you have a sample of how to use them?

Thanks,

eric

Message 4 of 4
philippe.leefsma

Not do to specifically this. It is rather straighforward to iterate through the faces in a part or an assembly, you should be able to find example in the API Help Files. If you are not familliar with the API at all, I suggest you take a look at the overviews topics form the help files and on the manufacturing blog samples:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/

Once you iterate through each face, you can use the "Face.Evaluator.Area" property.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report