Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event OnRadialMarkingMenu

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
petrxn
526 Views, 3 Replies

Event OnRadialMarkingMenu

Hi,

have found that I am not able to fire up event "OnRadialMarkingMenu" in Inventor 2013 in my C# addin. Inventor 2014 works correclty, but Inv2013 never fire up this event.

Code from button execution:

this.oUIEvents = this.oApp.CommandManager.UserInputEvents;
            this.oUIEvents.OnLinearMarkingMenu += new UserInputEventsSink_OnLinearMarkingMenuEventHandler(this.oUIEvents_OnLinearMarkingMenu);
            this.oUIEvents.OnRadialMarkingMenu += new Inventor.UserInputEventsSink_OnRadialMarkingMenuEventHandler(this.UIEvents_OnRadialMarkingMenu);

and events code:

void oUIEvents_OnLinearMarkingMenu(ObjectsEnumerator SelectedEntities, SelectionDeviceEnum SelectionDevice, CommandControls LinearMenu, NameValueMap AdditionalInfo)
        {
            MessageBox.Show("OnLinearMarkingMenu");
        }
void UIEvents_OnRadialMarkingMenu(Inventor.ObjectsEnumerator toEntities, Inventor.SelectionDeviceEnum toSelDevice, Inventor.RadialMarkingMenu toRadialMenu, Inventor.NameValueMap toAddInfo) { MessageBox.Show("OnRadialMenu"); toRadialMenu.EastControl = oApp.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions["AppMeasureDistanceCmd"]; }

I am not sure where is problem, this doesnot work on any of our instalation, and I am not sure if this works in past (before some SP or updates instaled).

Could somebody check this?

Many thanks

Petr

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: petrxn

Hi Petr,

So far we do not reproduce the issue on our side. Here is the sample I used for testing:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/05/customizing-radialmarkingmenu-and-linearmarkingm...

Make sure you set the "Embedd Interop Types = False" on the Inventor.interop.dll reference in your project, setting it to true may cause issues with events.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
petrxn
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

Hello,

thank you. I have tried it in VB.NET acc. your example and this is OK, radial menu is working. Unfortunately in C# I have not been successful. Enclosed are two my projects, first AvsTest2013 with NET 2.0 and second AvsTest with Net 4.0, both works correctly in Inventor 2014, but does not works in Inventor 2013SP2 CZ. These addins create ribbons with two buttons, button with name Test2 should start DoEvenets with RadialMenu. Projects are for VS2010 Express. Could you look to these projects?

Many thanks

Petr

Message 4 of 4
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: petrxn

The radial menu is working outside of InteractionEvents, but while selection is running it seems broken. My advice for 2013 would be to use the linear menu instead. Sorry for the bad news.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report