Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DrawingCurveSegment and AttributeSets

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
276 Views, 1 Reply

DrawingCurveSegment and AttributeSets

Afternoon All,

I have a template part with a drawing that I copy to new projects. So the part gets resized and saved as a new file, the drawing as a new file and then replace reference in the new drawing file with the new part file.

What I'm trying to do is associate a drawing dimension with an DrawingCurveSegment so I can basically look at the curve X and Y start and end locations and calculate where my drawing dimension should be moved to.

Everything works I just have no way of identifying the drawing curve after the new file save. I used the GetHashCode of the drawing curve segment but this number changes when I saved it as a new file.

Is there an attibute set or similar I can use to somehow label the DrawingCurve that I want?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.nagy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

If you know the model curve the drawing curve is representing that you should be OK, since there is a connection between the two: you can definitely get to the model curve from the drawing curve directly, and I think you can do it the other way round as well.

Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report