Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DisplayName returns different values with standard and professional

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TimClift
324 Views, 2 Replies

DisplayName returns different values with standard and professional

My company is running Inventor 2014 sp1.  We have several stand alone licenses of Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2014 and 3 floating licenses of Autodesk Product Design Suite Professional 2014.  I have noticed that on the standard addition the call to DisplayName returns the file name without the file extension but on the professional addition the call to DisplayName returns the file name with the file extension.  Has anyone seen this problem and is there an easy workround for it?  Possably a way to detect if the Standard or Professional additions is running.

Thanks for your help with this.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
djreesing
in reply to: TimClift

I think this has nothing to do with the Inventor version, but with your Windows folder settings. When Windows is setup to show the file extensions for known filetypes, the displayname will also have the extension. If it is setup to not show the extension, the displayname will not show it.

I haven't tested this, but I recall having a similar problem in the past. A workaround could be to use the FullFileName property and modify the string to only keep the filename with extension.

Best regards, Daniël

Message 3 of 3
TimClift
in reply to: djreesing

Thanks for the response Daniël.  This makes total sense now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report