Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Selection

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mccormick8863
334 Views, 1 Reply

Dimension Selection

How would I go about writing this macro? For the BOM in a drawing, one of the fields is the finish size of each part. I want this to be a parametric value and adjust if the model is modified. This would not be for standard parts, only for fabricated items, so the material type would be limited to four units of input: Type (recangular or round, rectangular being blank and round storing the alt0216 Ø), Height, Width, and Length. Each of these would be stored in an iProperty, say DimensionType, DimensionHeight, DimensionWidth, and DimensionLength. Then, each parameter would be exported for variable use in the final dimension storage iProperty called Dimensions (or use vba to write in the Dimension iProperty). I would like to be able have a form pop up with a dropdown box for type, and three text boxes for each of the sizes. Then, click on the dimension that I would like to use which would return the parameter name for that dimension and put it in the text box which will store it in the appropriate iProperty.

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Can export parameter solve your problem?  This property makes parameter be exposed as an iProperty with the same name. Link is associative.  Smiley Happy

In Inventor 2013  you may easily create iLogic form to change parameters values (multi-value too).

ParametersExported.PNG

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report