Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiatation between savecopyas

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DWhiteley
180 Views, 2 Replies

Differentiatation between savecopyas

Can I differentiate between save copy as (saving an inventor component as another file & export cad model, to say, STEP (which also uses savecopyas)?

This is in the API by the way and not iLogic.

Dave

Envisage

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Save As and Export to CAD format is actually doing the same, so I don't see  a direct way you can tell. Any specific reason why you want to catch that from API?

One suggestion would be to substitute the native button by your own ones, so you can tell which one has been invoked, see that post for a sample:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/07/replacing.html

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3

Hi Philippe,

I want to differentiate because of file naming, especially automatic naming like you have in Vault Pro. I have such an app.

If you want to export to a 3rd party cad model like STEP, you probably want to give it the same name as the original model

BUT

If you use save copy as, you probably want to give it a new automatic file name.

That is why I wish to differentiate.

Regards

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report