Inventor Customization

Inventor Customization

Sanjay.Gangadhara
Message 1 of 1 (141 Views)

Determining if references are missing before opening an IAM file

141 Views, 0 Replies
06-27-2012 01:16 PM

I have a C++ code which I use to open an assembly file via the Application.Documents.Open method. Before opening the file, however, I would like to be able to determine if all references (i.e. all the individual part files making up the assembly) can be found. At the point of the code where I would need to make this determination, I have the Application object and the name of the assembly file that I wish to open. Is there an API function which will allow me to make the necessary determination prior to calling the Application.Documents.Open method? That way, if there are unresolved references, I can choice not to call the method and simply return from my code with an approprite error message. Thanks!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!