Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed update on mates when using iLogic/VB

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vex
Collaborator
208 Views, 1 Reply

Delayed update on mates when using iLogic/VB

I came accross a peculiar problem today and not sure how to fix it or even where to start to look for the cause. I have a model that needs to be resized to different OAL and I have setup iLogic/VB/Rules to do it and it adjusts the component in the assembly correctly. However, once that updates the mates are incorrect (they don't move to the new location like the should) until I attempt to 'click and drag' something on the screen. The the components update and everything is where it should be. I'm guessing that the whole ordeal is that after the user uses the form the update to the various mates doesn't happen until some later event in the program (IE when the user attempts to shift/move a component). Is there a way to force the update of mates inside a rule? I've already included calls to InventorVb.DocumentUpdate(), but that doesn't seem to help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.nagy
in reply to: vex

Hi,

You could try Document.Rebuild.

If that does not help then could you provide a most simple set of public documents that can be used to reproduce the behaviour?

Cheers, 

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report