Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of toolbars dissappears.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shastu
191 Views, 4 Replies

Customization of toolbars dissappears.

I have had several users ask me why their customization of their toolbars goes away. For example, a user puts the measure button in the quick access toolbar and all of a sudden they notice it is not there. Others lose their user customization tab buttons. They say they will even come back later sometimes without them doing anything, but why do they not stay there all the time?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
salariua
in reply to: shastu

Dis ussually occurs to me when having multiple sessions open. The session on which the changes were made needs to be the last one to close. If I have changes to make I normally do it wiht only one Inventor session window open.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
shastu

No, this is not directly after they have made a change. This is just sporadic behavior from day to day. They may have it for 3 days without any problems and then the 4th day it disappears without them making any changes.
Message 4 of 5
salariua

Bear in mind that you have different customization for different environments. If you added distance while in part you need to add it while in assembly as well.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
shastu
in reply to: salariua

Yes, I realize that. I don't think that is what is happening either, but I guess I can't be for sure, because I haven't experienced it myself, just have had multiple users complain about it and we all import our buttons from the same xml file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report