Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Sheet Size using iLogic

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bretrick30
947 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Sheet Size using iLogic

I made a form that allows the user to enter in a custom sheet size.  Using the API I am changing the Drawing Sheet Size Enumerator to the Custom Sheet size which allows the user to enter in custom values.  That part is all working fine.  My problem is that when a custom size is used in my title block it says that the size is "Custom Size (mm)".  I know that the API uses cm for the sheet size units so I have the code convert the values into cm. 

In the sheet settings window built into inventor it has the option for Custom Size (inches) and Custom Size (mm).  How do I change whether it is inches or mm?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: bretrick30

Hi,

sorry, I did not find the built-in setting you mentioned. The attachment is the [sheet settings] at my side. API has also an object SheetSettings. But I did not see an option for Custom Size (inches) and Custom Size (mm). Could you clarify?

Message 3 of 6
bretrick30
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi,

I have attached a couple snapshots of what I am talking about.  So if I choose Custom Size (Inches), using the Edit Sheet window, the title block will then say "Custom Size (Inches)".  However when I run my rule, which changes the sheet size enumerator to the custom sheet size, the title block always shows "Custom Size (mm)".  I am trying to figure out how I can have my rule run and have the title block match what is chosen.  I thought maybe there was a different enumerator value that would make it mm or inches but all I could find is the one for Custom Sheet Size.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 6
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

thanks. I now understand. no matter inch or mm, the Sheet.Size shows it is Custom Size. I do not find where it tells this is a Custom Size inch or mm. It looks there is a flag internally, but not exposed. Sorry. 

In addition, no matter how I called  ActiveSheet.ChangeSize, the results are always Custom Size mm. Could you  tell me how you make it  Custom Size inch by ilogic code?

Message 5 of 6
bretrick30
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

The way I was using inches to change the sheet size was just in my form.  In my code I had it converting the inch values into cm since thats what the API uses.  I tried using the conversions built into the API hoping that would trigger the title block to say inches but that didn't work.

Message 6 of 6
adam.nagy

Hi,

Unfortunately, at the moment it's not possible to set the Sheet Size to Custom Size (inches) through the API.

This has been logged in our system and hopfully will get fixed in a future version or service pack, but I cannot tell you when exactly.

Sorry about the bad news. 😞

Cheers, 

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report