Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Add-In Folder is Missing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mikew
739 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Add-In Folder is Missing

My two folders for loading custom add-ins into Inventor are not there. Specifically, I'm trying to put a .addin file into C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor Addins\, but the last folder is absent. Is there something else that has to be installed for this to be available and functional? This is a relatively new install, and I haven't found any information on this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ewiggers
in reply to: mikew

Hello Mike,

Does the folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins exists on your computer? This is the folder to install addin apps to.

Regards,
Eelco
Message 3 of 4
rossano_praderi
in reply to: mikew

Hi Mike,

if you would like to use this path "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor Addins\" and on the target Pc is absent, just create it manually or with your code.

There is nothing more to install.

Check this post for default addin paths

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/where-to-place-inventor-addin/td-p/3314019

Bregs

Rossano Praderi

--------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution"
button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
---------------
Message 4 of 4
mikew
in reply to: ewiggers

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins is where all of my AutoCAD bundles currently reside. I'm trying to get Inventor plugins to load, and Inventor doesn't seem to read from that folder. I went ahead and manually created the InventorAddins folder, and that is working for me.

Thanks for all the help,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report