Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating multivalue user parameter & making it allow custom values with iLogic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Shane_R
709 Views, 3 Replies

Creating multivalue user parameter & making it allow custom values with iLogic

I am trying to make a multivalue user parameter AND make it allow custom values through an iLogic form. 

The problem is I have to go into the parameters and force it to allow custom values...I want to do this through iLogic with the rest of the program.  I have been searching for literally HOURS and have gotten no closer to making it work. 

Can anyone help me?

This is what I have.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

'THIS WILL CREATE A MULTIVALUE USER PARAMETER
oMyParameter=ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.ComponentDefinition.Parameters.UserParameters
''THIS WORKS NOTE PARAMETERS WILL BE ADDED IN THE EXACT ORDER THEY ARE GENERATED IN THIS LIST
oParameter=oMyParameter.AddByValue("Description", "", UnitsTypeEnum.kTextUnits)
MultiValue.SetList("Description", "HOPPER","BED SIDE","MOUNT","BRACE","GUSSET")
'THIS ALLOWS US TO AUTOMATICALLY ADD COMMENTS TO DIFFERENT PARAMETERS'Parameter.Param("Description").Comment = "What is the part?"
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
theo.bot
in reply to: Shane_R

You can set this option in your ilogic form. Place your parameter in the dialog. Select the parameter, in the lower screen you can select the option "allow custom value"

Succes,

Theo
Message 3 of 4
Shane_R
in reply to: theo.bot

Thank you.  I was aware that option existed but thought it had to be used in conjunction with setting the multivalue text to allow custom inside of parameters.  This option will work in this situation.

I would still like to know if it is possible to create it this way through iLogic.  

Message 4 of 4
cencinaNB2ET
in reply to: Shane_R

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report