Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating custom feature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
henrik.rudstrom
741 Views, 2 Replies

creating custom feature

Hello, 

Just out of curiousity, is it possible to create an entire feature using the API: an entry to the feature tree, regenerate geometry on demand, edit/create dialog box.

Henrik

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

You need to check the ClientFeature functionality for that purpose.

Attached is a VBA project that illustrates how to use them.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
tneff2
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

Would any Autodesk guys be able to help me create a custom sweep that would allow a profile to be swept along a path and remain perpendicular to a workplane?

It would behave just like when you select the sweep options of remaining parallel or normal to the sweep path. However, there would be an extra cross-product calculation.

I believe the client feature only allows the use of existing features to create "new" ones. This feature is desperately needed at my company and are considering switching over to SolidsWorks for this ability as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GoD_u9fxD8. I've had experience creating client features in the past but I definitely need some help on this one.

Thanks,

Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report