Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created Part Shows as Unresolved

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
larry.daubenspeck
312 Views, 1 Reply

Created Part Shows as Unresolved

In an assembly of a gymnasium divider curtain, I create a path on a 3D sketch which snakes its way upward through a series of grommets.  A circular profile is then swept along the path to create a new part - a cable.  The cable is its own unique part document and is saved and then vaulted in a job-specific folder.  The curtain assembly has several instances of this cable.  Everything looks fine until the assembly is closed and later opened for editing.  When the assembly is opened, the cables show up in the browser as "Unresolved."  Graphically, they have disappeared.  Any ideas as to why?

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit

Inventor 2013 / Vault Collaboration 2013

Larry Daubenspeck
Software Programmer
Draper, Inc.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Looking into this further, the 3D sketch seems to be the culprit.  A similar gym divider using belts instead of cables  shows none of these problems, when both get created from scratch for each location.  Upon review of the source code, I realized the belts get created on a planar sketch.  I converted the cable's 3D sketch into a planar sketch, and the problem seems to have disappeared.

Larry Daubenspeck
Software Programmer
Draper, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report