Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create rule by one e.rule OR fix external rule problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tuliobarata
572 Views, 2 Replies

create rule by one e.rule OR fix external rule problem

Good morning all!

Still with my code to create notes, I'm just adding some sttufs on it to get the things easier to use, I'm with so many ideas, but my knowledge is too poor to make them 🙂

FIRST DOUBT:

I create a code to create the notes I need, that interact with many parameters in the drawing and with one Global Form.

When the rule in inside the drawing and I open this GLobal Form, when i click in the button APPLY all the changes I've made are applied to the parameters and then the notes are created.

But, the right here would be use this code as an External Rule...but, when i use the form with just the external rule added to the IDW, when i click on APPLY nothing happens!   How could i make this connection with the form and the external rule ??

SECOND DOUBT (if the first doesn't work😞

If the first idea do not work, the solution I've found is: Int the global form I already have one tab to update those IDW that doesnt have the necessary parameters, with one button linked to one external rule creating them. I could then put one other button link to one other external rule that creates a internal rule in the IDW.

I just need to know now, if that is even posible... Create a RULEdirect by one EXTERNAL RULE.. Is that posible ??

Thanks very much, again!

Túlio Barata

IV 2013
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

I believe if you have had provided a small demo, the issues may have been addressed or solved by the peers here 🙂 So could you isolate and attach a small sample of the rule you are using? In addition, if this occurs for specific files, please also share a copy.

Message 3 of 3

2 months later, sry about the this long time.

But, i solveed this problem creating all my notes directly from a external rule, I changed the code with tome tips from here and now thats working.

Thanks !

Túlio Barata

IV 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report