Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create idw from ipt file with special layout (vb.net)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DavidISC
1642 Views, 2 Replies

Create idw from ipt file with special layout (vb.net)

I'm trying to write an application that creates a .idw drawing from a .ipt file in vb.net.

Now I want to predefine a layout, where the projected views should gonna be, independent which .ipt file I have.

Do I create a new .idw and make it look like I want, then save it and open it within the application?

But if I change the savepath it ask me where the file (.ipt) is.

So now I could choose my one, right? But how can I choose my .ipt file in the application?

It won't let me do an operation like openwith or something like that.

Or does there exists another way to predefine a layout?

Thanks in advance,

David

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mike_Maenpaa
in reply to: DavidISC

@DavidISC wrote:

Or does there exists another way to predefine a layout?

Look up Sheet Formats in Inventor Help

This allows you to pre-define a sheet layout.

Mike

Message 3 of 3
DavidISC
in reply to: Mike_Maenpaa

Thanks Mike, this is what I was looking for.

But now I have a few other problems:

1) I have a idw and a ipt. The idw is made of the ipt. Now I'm going to change some parameters of the ipt, and open without saving, the idw, which is now updated.

Now I want to export the idw to dwg (pdf,jpg.. are working).

If I use the command below, Inventor asks me, if I want also to save the dipendents.

Dim oDoc As Inventor.DrawingDocument = _invApp.ActiveDocument
oDoc.SaveAsInventorDWG("C:\Inventor\Drawing.dwg", True)

How can I skip this step without saving the dipendents?

2) Like I described in my first post, I would like to create automatically a idw file from a ipt.

I have already a ipt file and a idw file. Now I'm going to change some parameters of my ipt file. The drawing will update like written above. Now my problem is, that I have to find a way to set the right scaling.

Doc.Sheets(1).DrawingViews(1).ScaleString = "1:5"

This command would help me here. But my problem is to find the needed scaling, maybe you have some ideas?

I thought already to take the original ipt and write out the height and width, then, after setting the parameters, reget the size and then create the difference and look at the ratio.

But I havn't found a way to get the general size of my part file.

3) It's there any possibility to save a ipt as, for example, dwg, but in a old version? I've read about, that the setting is in a ini file, but I didn't really get it.

Thanks in advance,

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report