Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Not Load An Object Error - Inventor 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rob.j.ross
1329 Views, 3 Replies

Could Not Load An Object Error - Inventor 2014

We recently upgraded from Inventor 2011 to 2014.  I am getting the attached error when trying to run VBA macros in version 2014.  I figure that it has something to do with the references for VBA 6 vs VBA 7 but the only one that I am using that is related to forms is Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library.  Not sure what is causing this.

Dual Intel Xeon E5540 CPUs
16GB DDR3 Ram
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ekinsb
in reply to: rob.j.ross

I don't believe that Microsoft has provided a 64-bit version of Microsoft Forms.  With Inventor 2014 VBA you must use 64-bit components.

Probably the best alternative is to convert your VBA programs to an add-in.  This will still provide good performance since it's runs in the same process as Inventor but provides much better dialog tools than VBA or what Microsoft Forms provided.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 4
rob.j.ross
in reply to: ekinsb

Thanks Brian.  So you can no longer use any VBA macros with forms in V2014?  I was hoping to avoid having to make all my macros Add-Ins but can if that is now the only option.

Dual Intel Xeon E5540 CPUs
16GB DDR3 Ram
Message 4 of 4
ekinsb
in reply to: rob.j.ross

VBA 7 still supports forms, just the same as it did before.  By including the Windows Forms component into your project you were referencing an additional component that provided additional form capapilities not in standard VBA.  What's not supports is 32-bit components, which in this cases means any of the extra form functionality in the component.  So, depending on what you used in the forms they may or may not need to be redone.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report