Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control library for inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pat
Explorer
247 Views, 1 Reply

control library for inventor

Hello

I am developping a control library to help Inventor developpers achieve a similar look and feel troughout their addin, as the one we have in inventor.  I am looking at re-creating the "intelligent textbox" that we often see in inventor. the one that allows formulas, fractions, units, etc...

now before I go out of my way to reproduce it I have two questions:

1- Am I going to get into trouble legally for trying to give inventor developpers controls that behave like those of inventor?

2- Is there a quicker route to achiving this, like autodesk making those controls available in the api or as a seperate download?

thank you

Pat Chartrand

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: pat

Hi,

firstly, I'd like to answer question 2:  There is NOT any API to use the "intelligent textbox" of Inventor.  Inventor's controls are also created based on Windows controls. We have not any API to access it. Of course, you can execute the built-in commands of dialog to pop out the corresponding dialog. But no speperate control available for textbox.

So for question 1: Probably I misunderstood your comment “give inventor developers controls” (if yes, please elaborate), but if you create your own intelligent textbox based on Windows controls to mimic Inventor’s behaviors,  it is definitely OK to use within Inventor. i.e. those are just all of your own customization. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report