Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constriant Angle Default

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
613 Views, 6 Replies

Constriant Angle Default

Under the constraint menu, when trying to use an angle constraint it is defaulting to "Explicit Reference Vector" - the third button requiring three clicks to make an angle instead of "Directed Angle" (two).  Does anyone know how to change the default for that?

I did find that under the new assemble command for 2011 the angle there is onle two selections, but the assemble command doesn't stay open like the constraint window does.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you ever figure this out?  I see that this is and old post, but no replies.  It is really frustrating to me as I always forget to select "Directed Angle".  Plus, I have NEVER used the other two options.

Let me know.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

No, I never did figure it out.  I've been just having to click on the one I want this whole time.  That was the 2011 version of Inventor, maybe for 2012 they changed it back to the 2010 default.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I'm sorry to say that 2012 (with SP1) is still defaulted to "Explixit Reference Vector".

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

That's too bad.  I just saw that my original post had 194 views, so my guess is that a number of people have the same question.  I guess it just wasn't enough people for Autodesk to change it!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

LOL - Yes.  In fact, I had forgotten that I had posted about this same issue some time ago:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Feature-Request-2012-Constraint-Keyboard-Shortcut/m-...

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Surley there is a way to fix this! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report