Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect the points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3060 Views, 3 Replies

Connect the points

Does anyone have a macro that will connect a group of points from a Excel sheet. I have a macro from Kent's site that will read in all the points but I need something that can connect the points with lines. Not sure if it can even be done. Too many lines for me to connect manually (over 17,000 points).

Thanks for any help or advise here.

Ken
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you wanting to connect them as a spline or a 3d sketch? There is another macro out there that does that, though I would have to look to see where it is at. I am probably the auther of the macro you are using now. I have thoght about adding that functionality to my macro, but have just been too busy lately. You can check out the other macro I mentioned here: http://www.xanadu.cz/apps/importcoord/ Bob S. P.S. If that macro doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll see if we can work something out to add to my macro. "kadway" wrote in message news:13681817.1085670361075.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Does anyone have a macro that will connect a group of points from a Excel sheet. I have a macro from Kent's site that will read in all the points but I need something that can connect the points with lines. Not sure if it can even be done. Too many lines for me to connect manually (over 17,000 points). > > Thanks for any help or advise here. > > Ken
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Bob:

My inputs are 2D so all I need is a spline. I will give the macro you suggested a try and let you know.

Thanks
Ken
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Bob:

I tried the other macro but the results were not good. I did a test with a few hundred points and it worked good. With the 17,000 + points (1hour, 45min with the Intel extreme machine), it fails to put in the lines. I think it may have something to do with Inventor limits. I also have a old AutoCad lisp program that will conect the 3d points from a cvs file. I used that to make a dwg file and imported it into Inventor but it would crash before highlighting to extrude. I also tried to do it in MDT and could get to work with splines but I only ended up with 4 facats along the curve so I think it has to be plain lines. I tried it in MDT with plain lines but MDT would also crash before completion.
I don't think it is machine related as I tried it on 2 different machines.

Machine 1:
Abit IC7 MAX3 mobo
Intel p4 3.2 Extreme processor
2 gig dual channel match ram
3D Labs VP880 video board

Machine 2:
Tyan K7PRO mobo
dual AMD 2800+ processors
2 gig registered ram
Nvidia Quatro 54 550 XGL video board

Ken

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report