Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Layers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
278 Views, 1 Reply

Complex Layers

I am trying to set up inventor for better conversion to autocad files. I am trying to match established standards for autocad, which requires little quirks that I am trying to work around. For instance with a weld symbol, the leader lines and arrowhead would need to be on layer "5", while the all around, flag, text, and other symbols would need to be on layer "6". Is there any way of accessing these properties with VBA or any other ideas for getting better conversion control to autocad? I have also toyed with the idea of finding the blocks in autocad left by inventor by name, and replacing them with autocad entities.

A few other areas with similar issues:

-Same thing with Hole and Thread Notes

-Same thing with Surface Finishes

-Same thing with GD&T Symbols

-Same thing with Balloons

-Same thing with Parts List, General Tables, and Revision Table, but also changing layers of the edges and center lines of the table.

-Changing the layer and text size of the bottom line (scale) of a drawing view label while leaving the top line alone

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want to arrange some objects in one layer, others in other layers. I think you could create your own layer: get an existing layer and call Layer.Copy. And nearly all objects of the drawing has the property Layer, e.g. TextBox.Layer. Then you can set it to the layer you want to place.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report