Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compile error when trying to build an visual studio 2010 addin for inventor 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
WillyPoelmans3643
2591 Views, 6 Replies

compile error when trying to build an visual studio 2010 addin for inventor 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to explore how to write an addin for inventor 2012 using VB.net

Visual studio 2010 express is installed on my computer (windows 7 - 64 bit)

I have also installed the developer tools from autodesk delivered with inventor 2012 and the template shows up in visual studio 2010 express.

When I create a new project using the template and try to build it (without modifications) I get the following error :

Error 1 The command "call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%vsvars32"
 mt.exe -manifest "X:\XGI\Xapp\inventorPlugins\testproject\InventorAddIn1\InventorAddIn1\InventorAddIn1.X.manifest" -outputresource:"X:\XGI\Xapp\inventorPlugins\testproject\InventorAddIn1\InventorAddIn1\bin\Release\InventorAddIn1.dll";#2" exited with code 9009. InventorAddIn1

Error 1 The command "call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%vsvars32" mt.exe -manifest "X:\XGI\Xapp\inventorPlugins\testproject\InventorAddIn1\InventorAddIn1\InventorAddIn1.X.manifest" -outputresource:"X:\XGI\Xapp\inventorPlugins\testproject\InventorAddIn1\InventorAddIn1\bin\Release\InventorAddIn1.dll";#2" exited with code 9009. InventorAddIn1

I don't know how to get it to work.

I don't know if this is a studio related error or inventor related.

Has anyone had this same error ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Willy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I think the problem is the path you use to call this command: "call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%vsvars32"  mt.exe. Is it possible to use a full path for that exe? Or is this Visual Studio Generated Code?

Message 3 of 7

Hello,

thanks for your reply, but I have no idea where the mt.exe stands for, I didn't used it myself.

Regards,

Willy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: WillyPoelmans3643

I have the same problem but I'm using Visual Express 2008.

We need to convert our VBA Macros to .Net and I was trying to do a connection between Visual Express and Inventor to explore thought the objects.

I think is because we need to copy the manifest file to start debugging, I try to do this but still doesn’t work.

I hope someone can help us.

Regards,

Daniela Dubois

Message 5 of 7
youkou2
in reply to: Anonymous

I had the same problem. I'm using VS2010 with VB on Win 7 64 Bits.

1- In your project folder, find file: ProjectName.vbproj > Open it

2- Looking for tag: <PostBuildEvent>

3- Replace:

<PostBuildEvent>call "%25VS100COMNTOOLS%25vsvars32"

mt.exe -manifest "$(ProjectDir)PartsList for DrawingView.X.manifest" -outputresource:"$(TargetPath)";#2</PostBuildEvent>

by

<PostBuildEvent>call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\mt.exe" -manifest "$(ProjectDir)PartsList for DrawingView.X.manifest" -outputresource:"$(TargetPath)";#2</PostBuildEvent>

4- Save

5- Reload your project

Hope this help

Fred

Message 6 of 7
kmiller
in reply to: youkou2

Thanks you for your post Fred.  I am not sure what I was doing wrong but after reading your post it helped.  It's good people like you and everyone around here that help the people who are struggling with getting a task complete!!  :o) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response answers your question please click "Accept as Solution".
Message 7 of 7
youkou2
in reply to: WillyPoelmans3643

Thank you Katie ! Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report