Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code is crashing in Inventor 2014 SP2 Update 3

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rbt
Explorer
252 Views, 1 Reply

code is crashing in Inventor 2014 SP2 Update 3

Hello,

I have code running fine in code is crashing in Inventor 2014 SP1 Update 3, which creates an assembly, and places a part in this assembly.

And does this a couple of times for different parts.

In Inventor 2014 SP2 Update 3, this code crashes somewhere. Can't pinpoint an exact method. It seems Inventor get instable over time

while running this code.

I got a response to a crash report:

It's a known issue: Inventor will crash when direct inserting CAD file into Inventor using PART2cad system. Our developers are focusing on solving this issue. Autodesk may notify you when a solution becomes available or contact you regarding your error report.

Here’s a workaround for you before the Hotfix become available: Please generate the file to local, then open it in Inventor. But don’t use the Direct Insert.

But the workaround does not help me much further. I got the exact same reply on other crash reports.

Can anyone help me out with what the mean exactly? Or is known with this issue?

Thanks,

Robin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rbt
Explorer
in reply to: rbt

To be clear. Code was running fine in Inventor 2014 SP1 Update 3. But is crashing Inventor 2014 SP2 Update3.

Any one?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report