Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearance.xls Rounding Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lriemer
483 Views, 4 Replies

Clearance.xls Rounding Issue

Hello, I'm attempting to customize the clearance.xls to include loose, press, and nominal values for standard dowels. Everything is going well, except that any values I try to pull from the clearance.xls spreadsheet are rounded to 3 places. This rounding obscures the small differences between the fits, so I'd really like to retain 4 decimal places. Is there any way to get hole features pulled from the spreadsheet to use 4 decimals? Thank you.

Inventor 2019 - Build 136
Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rjay75
in reply to: lriemer

In your spreadsheet how is the cell formatted? Is it formatted to show in 4 decimal places?

Message 3 of 5
lriemer

I considered that it might be my formatting, so I did some testing. The cells I added are formatted as "Numbers" with 6 decimal places. The default Inventor ones are 3-4 place decimals formatted as "General" cells. Both produce the same behavior. For example, the default #4 SHCS clearance value is .1285 in excel. When placed in Inventor, the hole measures and dimensions with "All decimals" as .129. I was hoping there might be a way to override this rounding somewhere.

Windows 10
Message 4 of 5
philippe.leefsma

Hi Iriemer,

This sounds like a product question, are you using any API in your workflow? If you do, please provide some code sample that can help to reproduce the behavior. Otherwise, please post your question to the Inventor General section of the forum.

Thank you,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 5
lriemer
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

In case anyone else runs into this, it did end up being an issue with the application options rather than the .xls configuration. Changing my Modeling Dimension Display to more than 3 decimal places resolved the issue.

Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report