Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the displayname using Apprentice Server (Inventor 2011)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IQUADRATAG
487 Views, 2 Replies

Changing the displayname using Apprentice Server (Inventor 2011)

Hello,

I'm using Apprentice Server to change the display name of components. My code:

objInvDoc = objapprenticeServerApp.Open(strFileName)
objInvDoc.DisplayName = strDisplayName

Something odd happens: I have two parts, last saved with exactly the same Inventor-Build (2011 SP1 (Build 150282100, 282)). After changing the displayname of these two parts, the debugger shows the correct value for the DisplayName-Attribute. But when I open the files, Inventor displays the correct value for one file, but not for the other. In the corrupted file, the old value is displayed.

Does anyone knows about this behaviour?

Thank you in advance

Christian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: IQUADRATAG

Hi,

I've found this other thread which talks about some issues with the DisplayName: http://208.74.205.69/t5/Inventor-Customization/DisplayName-won-t-return-Extension/td-p/2653335

I wonder if here as well setting the DisplayName to "" before setting it to the value you want would put things right.

Cheers, 

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 3
IQUADRATAG
in reply to: adam.nagy

Hi Adam,

thank you for the link. The DisplayName-Attribute shows the filename (default) after setting it to "" but Inventor still shows the old value. I'm not able to figure out, where Inventor takes this value from. I also tried to migrate the file to Inventor 2013 but I have the same issue with this version. 

Btw: The file was orignally created with Inventor 2008 and then migrated to 2011. 

Greetings,

Christian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report