Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the active row of a table in an iPartFactory

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
501 Views, 4 Replies

Changing the active row of a table in an iPartFactory

Hi all,

I'm looking for an API function that would allow me to change the active (or default?) row in the table of an iPartFactory model. I was hoping that such a function would be member or property of the iPartFactory object, but I’m not finding that to be the case. I can’t find any documentation on this - can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
skyngu
in reply to: Anonymous

use .defaultrow to change active row.

I use it to create dxf for all sheetmetal parts

'Select row & create dxf of each    

Dim oRow As iPartTableRow    

For Each oRow In oFactory.TableRows     

'Set row as Default row    

oFactory.DefaultRow = oRow

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: skyngu

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with VB - my program is in C/C++. Do you know how I can obtain a particular row from the table in C/C++? Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
skyngu
in reply to: Anonymous

check every row in the table by name or dimension? then set it to default row.
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: skyngu

I was looking for a little more detail, especially for how this is done in C/C++, but I was able to get help elsewhere. The solution (that worked for me) was to specify the row that I want to make default via the get_Item member of the iPartTableRows object, and then use the put_Default member of the iPartFactory object. Thanks again for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report